Preferably , i would try to give it a Web 2.0 look , with nice big fonts , wet floors , and on the whole a rich Rani experience , to all of visitors of the site.
The site , actually gives out , everything related to Rani Mukherjee , the bollywood fame , from pictures , wallpapers , to her latest news and videos.
From , its initial launch , i have designed and redesigned the site once . The initial version was lame enough , and was black in color . The next version , which i redesigned was using Red as the base . It was refreshing with its bright look and was welcoming enough that my site's visit went up from an average of 10 daily to ,30,60, and 80 , when on writing this post.
So , again , after a long gap , i am thinking of giving the site , again a new look and feel . And this time , i have chosen Orange as my site's base , though my users have opted for green on my site's web poll .
And this whole post series , i have taken to describe the steps in building my new Rani theme , with Orange as my base .
Before we begin , the thing that actually brought me towards Orange , was that wordpress theme .
ScreenShot - Alternate 0 Wordpress theme
The theme was best suited for my needs because ,
- The typography with the fonts was really awesome
- The color combination was welcoming , with orange as background , and using black and white to display text
- It was using an optimal amount of line height to display text , really what i wanted .
- It had the navigation bar , on top , which i prefer to keep all important links in one place
- It was perfect for online news and post display .
So , my first and foremost work , after choosing my wordpress template was to make my very own rani mukherjee banner .
Since orange was my color , i had to imbibe , into my banner , the following namely ,
- The Name of site , in a bold typeface ,
- The major color as orange , to reach out with the template
- And most importantly a Photo or many , of our fame , Rani Mukherjee
- And other eye candy items , to improve the overall view of the banner